Volume 18 • Issue 47 | April 7 - 13, 2006

Police Blotter

Shocking report on White St.

An Emergency Medical Service team brought a 30-year-old man to New York Downtown Hospital at 1:30 a.m. Tues. April 10 after he sustained an injury to his feet reportedly cause by stray voltage when he stepped on a metal plate in the street at Broadway and White St., according to a Fire Department spokesperson.

Con Edison investigated but found no stray voltage, wire damage, or evidence of a fire in the switch box, said Alfonso Quras, a spokesperson for the utility.

Jodie Lane was electrocuted and killed when she walked on a Con Ed switch box in the East Village two years ago.


Home

Downtown Express is published by
Community Media LLC.
Downtown Express | 487 Greenwich St., Suite 6A | New York, NY 10013

Phone: 212.242.6162 | Fax: 212.229.2970
Email: news@downtownexpress.com


Written permission of the publisher
must be obtainedbefore any of the contents
of this newspaper, in whole or in part,
can be reproduced or redistributed.